Wednesday, April 30, 2014

NBA, Clippers and a Fool... Oh My...

Normally I would take a funny, witty, almost sarcastic tone in my evaluation of the likes of someone such as Donald Sterling, but in this case there is absolutely NOTHING humorous, witty or evenly remotely funny about this guy's remarks. And notice I did NOT say, this 'mans' remarks, mainly because in my opinion a MAN would NOT have been so ignorant in his choice of words and his complete and utter disrespect for his team and the men who work their asses off to make his pocket's even bigger than before.

I have heard many say it was his constitutional right as an American to state his opinion and make his wishes known, after all it was done supposedly privately. However I am with the majority who believe it was his duty as an owner of an American Basketball team which represents men of ALL color and races be held accountable for his actions, and for his words. Bottom line. No if, ands or but's! None of this BS about him being old. Yes he is old, damn old enough to have known better in my opinion. Racism is racism, it is exactly what it is. And it is not acceptable in this day and age here in America.

With that I shall leave you to ponder on it all...Think about what it would mean to allow this guy to get off with just a slap on the hand. What message will it send to not only the players on the team who work their asses off for this man, but what about the message it sends to our children?

That is all...

No comments:

Post a Comment