Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Let's talk about ignorant people shall we?

I know it has been a while since I have graced the blogger realm. However I have no explanation to offer or none that I am certain you would want to hear. With that said I would like to fast forward to the topic of the day ... ignorant people (ignorance).
1 : a lack of knowledge, understanding, or education : the state of being ignorant
2 :  the state or fact of being ignorant :  lack of knowledge, education, or awareness
*Definitions courtesy of  Merriam-Webster online.

1. Not being or acting like you have no common sense; no education or acting like a total douchbag.
*Definition courtesy of Myself, Absinthe.

The first know usage of ignorance was in the 13th century. Amazing is it not, to think about how long we as a people have survived with ignorance dating back that far. One of the unspoken mysteries and wonders of the world.

Now I am quite certain that each and every one of you either know an ignorant person, or you yourself are one of those people. And I am not talking about mentally ill, or autistic people, those folks I find rather enjoyable to be around, they are more put together than most so called normal people I know.

If you are one of the unfortunate people living with those whose intelligence ranks in the lower spectrum of the IQ then you are not alone. I feel your pain. I live with ignorance all around me, I am surrounded by it, nearly submerged in it. Starting from our overpaid/over priced Government officials right down to those whom I call family.

I would like to give a prime example of ignorance courtesy of the Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindel. He for whatever reason, certainly an uneducated guess at best seems to believe that gun control will help save Americans, and our children from future violence? Really? Taking guns from the hands of the American people who have them legally and honestly with the belief that criminals will somehow also follow those same laws and turn over their Saturday night specials, stolen weapons and their secret stashes? REALLY BOBBY? GET REAL! The criminals could give a damn less about your ideals for gun control, no wait...actually I am certain they are rejoicing with the thought, because it means not getting their own asses blasted into the next life by a homeowner or parent trying to protect their family and property. Yea, great idea...NOT!

That is certainly the beginning of my thoughts on ignorance. I have realized as I wrote what little I have to continue would be fruitless really. We all know what those ignorant people are about, and while we will most likely never know what's floating around in their empty heads we at least know not to trust them.

With that I shall leave you to ponder with your own thoughts...


No comments:

Post a Comment